Full Mouth Reconstruction
IN LAS VEGAS & HENDERSON, NV
ANTHEM PERIO, LAS VEGAS' CHOICE FOR ADVANCED PERIODONTICS
Full mouth reconstruction encompasses a series of periodontal procedures that may be performed to restore patients back to a full functioning and healthy smile. Some dental procedures such as dental implants requires partnering with your General Dentist. Every patient undergoing a full mouth reconstruction process will have a unique oral treatment plan designed to address their unique needs and ensure that treatment and the recovery process is as fast and effective as possible.
Benefits of Full Mouth Reconstruction
Patients who have full mouth reconstruction will benefit in the following ways:
- Improved structural integrity
- Improved aesthetic appearance results in increased self-confidence
- Natural look and feel
- Reduced risk of tooth decay
- Reduced risk of infection
- Prevents alteration in appearance of your face or jaw
- Results are often long lasting or permanent, which means touch-ups will not be required
- Improved ability and incentive to take good care of your oral health
- Requires less maintenance, feels more natural, and allows you to enjoy all foods as compared to dentures
- Stops bone loss
- Restores self-confidence
Full Mouth Reconstruction Procedures
Full mouth reconstruction typically takes place over multiple visits and includes any combination of the following procedures; implants, fixed bridges, crown lengthening, etc. These are examples which would require partnering with your General Dentist who will complete the restorative process.
- Bone Grafting: Patients who have lost a tooth or multiple teeth and have lost a sufficient amount of jawbone may be good candidates for bone grafting. Dental bone grafting restores the mass of jawbone by placing grafting material in the area where deterioration has occurred. When the bone graft is complete, there will be sufficient mass in the area to support a dental implant.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are one of the most effective methods for returning patients to their normal daily activities and provide stronger structural integrity, improved aesthetic appearance, and a decreased risk of developing additional oral health issues associated with long term tooth loss. There are a range of dental implant options (All-on-4, implant supported dentures, Teeth-in-a-Day, et. al), all of which involve the strategic placement of titanium posts into the jaw. Over time, these posts fuse with the jawbone, after which a crown is adhered.
Do you Want To
Improve Your Oral Health or Replace Missing Teeth?
Get your questions answered in 3 steps!
Schedule an Appointment
Fill Out New Patient Paperwork
Visit for Your Examination
Aftercare Following Full Mouth Reconstruction
Once the full mouth reconstruction procedure is complete, we will provide post-operative instructions to ensure that you minimize your risk of developing complications and enjoy a fast a recovery time. The recovery process following full mouth reconstruction will depend in large part on the type of procedures you are having performed, but patients can typically expect having to stick to a soft food diet and avoid chewing in the procedural area for at least two weeks, after which you can begin to reintroduce harder foods. It is also common to experience sensitivity and swelling following the procedure, but this can typically be managed using ice packs and over the counter pain relieving medication. If you are prescribed pain-relieving medication and/or antibiotics, it is essential to follow the recommended dose until the prescription runs out.
Once you have fully recovered, you can return to your normal diet and self-care practices, however, taking consistent good care of your oral health will reduce the likelihood of needing similar treatments in the future, especially if this procedure was performed because of improper or insufficient self-care. Make it a habit to brush your teeth twice daily (at a minimum) for at least two minutes each time. Also, remember to brush your tongue and cheeks, as well as behind the lower and upper front teeth.
Flossing at least once a day and being mindful of the type of foods and beverages you consume are also important steps to maintaining good oral health and preserving the integrity of your implants. Finally, continuing to schedule regular checkups every six months (or more if necessary) is the most important step you can take to maintain your oral health and identify and correct issues before they develop into something more significant. By following these best practices, you will maximize the longevity of your implants and continue to enjoy good oral health!
Cost of Full Mouth Reconstruction
The cost of full mouth reconstruction is contingent on a variety of factors, including the severity of your case, the type of procedures you have performed, what type of dental sedation is used, and your dental insurance plan. At Anthem Periodontics and Dental Implants, we are committed to helping you maximize your insurance reimbursement so you can receive optimal care, which is why we will file your claim and handle your paperwork. Please be aware, though, that any remaining balance following coverage is your responsibility to cover. Though not required, we do offer a discount for patients who pay their bill in full (cash, check, or credit) prior to treatment.
Before scheduling your appointment, we will provide an estimated total cost and answer any questions you have concerning payment plan options, such as Care Credit which offer interest-free payment plans for six-to-twelve-month periods and/or a payment arrangement made in advance with our office.
For your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Schedule Your Appointment
At Anthem Periodontics and Dental Implants, your oral health is our number one goal. We are committed to providing you with the comprehensive periodontal support you need to continue enjoying a bright, healthy smile. To learn more or schedule an appointment for full mouth reconstruction, contact our office at (702) 270-4600. We look forward to providing you with quality care tailored to your unique needs!